Your privacy is very important to us. We have a few principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide.
- We store personal information only to deliver you the best service.
- We help protect you from overreaching government demands for your information.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our services, to communicate with you, or to make our services better.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you like your name, email id when you create your account with us.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–a product, for example–you provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your address, debit/credit card information, and phone number.
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys or communicate with our team about a support question.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into account through another service (like Facebook), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like your public profile, reviews, other content that you make public on our website, are all available to others. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of FoodSpace, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to create your account and deliver our products to your address.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services.
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of FoodSpace.
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by FoodSpace and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on FoodSpace and our products.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide product recommendations.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.